Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My First Date

Well, I'm 23 years old, and I just had my first date with a guy I liked. Unfortunately I don't think it went all that well. For one thing, I'm quiet by nature and he was pilled up on Tylenol 3's (thanks to an accident involving a meat slicer and his finger ... don't worry, it's not that bad). So we ended up watching Phantom of the Opera (http://www.phantomthemovie.com), which he watched already, and going for coffee at Starbucks during a blizzard. Damn Alberta weather.

Anyways, the silences seemed nice, almost too perfect that I can have them with him and not have the urge to speak all the time. Plus, he's kind of telepathic ... kind of. There were instances where he would answer a question before I asked it. In fact, thats how we went out. He said yes before I could ask. (just so you know, we were online chatting)

But all this reminds me of my first date, with a girl. It was her Grade Nine Graduation (I know, a big deal just for passing Grade Nine), and her school was taking a trip to West Edmonton Mall (http://www.westedmontonmall.com/home/default.asp) and she had wanted to watch a movie. Now of all movies she could choose, she chose The Opposite of Sex. Sitting throughout the movie, all I could think was "This HAS to be a sign." We broke up, on my side for obvious reasons; but thank god she cheated on me, cause thats what I blamed it on. lol ... what?! I was 16 at the time. Could you blame me? Don't answer that.

No comments: