Thursday, January 31, 2008

... figures ...

Figures. When life is at a stand still, and one is attempting to do this and that just to get his feet going again, all options spring up at once.

And so, after a month of waiting for a phone call, it finally came. The night of New Years Ever, I had spoken with a friend of mine (moreso an aquintance than a friend, I must admit, still a good guy though) about everything that had happened in the past month (at the time), and he had offered a job at his warehouse. I jumped at it as it was something different and at the same time I was guaranteed a job. And so, he said he would call when everything was in order.

A month passed, and nothing. And so, after giving up hope, I learned of a program where I could learn a trade and have a very well paying job within 4-5 months. My cousin refered me to the program, and therefore it was a sure thing. Well, the program starts on the 11th of this month. And immediately after I had done everything I was supposed to do to get into the program, I got the phone call. I started my new warehouse gig the next day.

And just for a bit of comedy, as some may find it funny ... Canadian Idol auditions are this weekend as well. In just a few days, everything that I had been considering for myself, was being put into motion all at the same time.

As of right now, I'm considering the program. Here's to hoping I'm doing carpentry in the summer time.

No comments: