Monday, December 01, 2008

Me for Me

What do you do when you get to the point where you realise your alone? When family is so far away that even a phone call won't do? When you realise that you and your friends have nothing in common? When your roommate doesn't understand you at all? When all you do is work, and go home to sleep only to work the next day all over again?

... yeah, I'm in a rutt.

I blame most of how I feel on the fact that I'm single again. Of course, if I don't go out, then how will "Mr. Right" notice me, right? But I do go out from time to time ... only I'm never approached by anyone, AND I'm not really drawn to anyone myself ... so I guess thats the game I'm playin right now; waiting and wondering why.

Although, I feel I must mention ... I don't always feel this jaded and lonely, I've been so busy with work (worked alot of weekends in the past two months) and gettin sick because of it that I never really noticed time let alone how I was feeling.

But I guess it ain't that bad. I'm healthy, I'm working, my self-esteem is intact (for the most part), I'm going back to school, I'm back at the gym (and losing pounds, AND gaining muscle) ... people say that when you get back to yourself and do things for yourself that people will notice and thats when all the good things happen. Of course, this isn't to say that this is the mere reason for doing it all, I ain't doing all this stuff for myself for the sake of reaping rewards. Instead, I'm doing it cause I want too. Cause thats me and now is the time to look at, and take care of me.

So granted, life has been one whirlwind after another, and yes there are times I wonder why about everything ... I know I'm fine. I guess its the realisation that no one can take care of me, is makin me feel lonely.

Ya know, I don't even know if any of this made sense, lol. I trust it does.

No comments: