Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wrestling Sunday

5 gay guys sitting around the tv watching sweaty beefy studs wrestling for a shiny belt. Thats how I spent my sunday, watching Wrestlemania 22 with buds. And wow, what entertainment that was.


What I like most about Wrestlemania is that its the staney cup of wrestling, the superbowl of wrestling entertainment. Hell, the roommate and I dished out 50 bucks to order it, so it had damn well be entertaining. And as muchly anticipated as it was .. WHOA! Thats all I can say, 'whoa'.

Shaun Micheals vs. Mr. McMahon; bring Shaun back to the bad ass days and implying a possible return of Degeneration X. Honestly, what the hell was happening to Shaun Micheals? WHO CARES? All I know is he WHOOPED Mr. McMahon's ass with that trash can. Pic to the left, thats Shaun Micheals dropping down a 14 ft ladder with McMahon in the garbage can laying on a table. Ouch, thats gotta hurt. This match wasn't about whose gonna win whatever belt that was up for grabs. No, this match was meant for McMahon to humiliate Micheals (as McMahon does with pretty much everyone else on the show). Unfortunately, McMahon's tactics have pushed Micheal's too far and thus resulting in punishment-inducing, needing-to-hurt-someone, I-don't-give-a-fug bad ass Micheal's that we all knew and loved yesteryear. Yes, the Shaun Micheals bad ass of the century is back. And Mr. McMahon, I know you got your ass handed to you on a silver platter, but thank you for giving up Shaun Micheals back. WOO HOO.

And who knew people actually liked that psycho beyotch Mickie.

The Chicago crowd was going fuggin nuts for her, cheering her ass on as she wrestled Trish Strata. (And yes, they actually wrestled with submission moves and acrobatics just like any other wrestler in WWE)

You know, I remember when they first introduced womans wrestling; it was nothing but catfights with slapping and pulling hair and throwing each other to the ground. *Yawn* If I wanted to see that I'd go back to high school. I'm so glad Trish pioneered womans wrestling to what it is today in WWE. Its just too bad she lost her Womans Champ title that night.

BUT OH MI GOD, the number one match to talk about; EDGE vs. Mick Foley. The HARDCORE MATCH. And hardcore it was. They took out all stops for this one. Two all star wrestlers duking it out in the ring where all is game. Even bodyslamming your opponent onto the ring thats full of nails. Or bringing out the bat covered in barbwire. And yes yes, lets not forget the sock (for those who don't know, you'll have to figure this one out). But the best moment in this match is the finishing move that proved victorious for Edge; spearing Mick Foley through a flaming table (yes, the table was on fire, talk about HOLY SH*T)


Now. the match I was waiting for, kind of a downer when you just realised what I was watching for the past 3.5 hours (yes, it was a 4 hour event). But my guy, John Cena, the only guy I was root for over and over again, regains his title. He ain't losing it that night. In what was the biggest surprise of the night, Triple H tapped out of a submission move almost instantly. Boo-Urns. I expected more, I honestly did. But the outcome is exactly what I had prayed for. But truth be told, I had half epected Cena to lose. Why? Well, for the main reason that he had been Champ for far too long now. He's held the title for MONTHS, its coming up about the time when one would normally lose the title; but he still has it. YAY!


All in all, 50 bucks well spent and great times spent with friends. Quite a few:
"Holy Sh*t!"
"How'd he do that?"
"What the Fug?"
and "WHOA," moments.

DAMN, can't wait for next year.

No comments: