Sunday, April 02, 2006

April 16, 2006

And so .. here I am (whoa, wasn't that my first title of this blog?).

As mentioned, I lost my job. Woke up one day and BAM, it was gone. Whats worse, they (the firm) decided to keep my severance pay AND my vacation pay (I owe them money). I'm 24 years old and living paycheck to paycheck. So yeah, I didn't take that too well. And of course, it didn't help that day that the bank also decided to keep my money as well. So basically then, I was screwed. Fugged to hell; beat to the curve and kicked while down.

THANK GOD FOR FRIENDS. That day, the roommate took me out. And it was a great night.

So now, here I am, sitting in downtown Calgary realising that this is my first ever Easter without the family. No dinner this year, no seeing the cousins and uncles and aunts and new additions to family. Not thig year, its just me and the roommate and a friend. And you know what .. it feels good.

As odd as it is that I lost my job (lil tidbit: I've never been fired before in my life) and have no money, I can still sit back and be chill. Thats odd, and it feels good.

So, I'll check in every now and then and check out the blogs I miss the most (and yes, your linked to the right). So, I hope all y'all had a great dinner whether it be with friends or family or whatever. Keep your head up and enjoy the day as the sun still shines and wind still blows and the river still flows. Take care .. see ya soon.

No comments: