Saturday, June 09, 2007

The box

I think I've found out why I find myself in a box these days.

I've often found out that while I may be signed on messenger, and have numerous email addresses, and have phone numbers written on numerous small bits of paper, I really don't talk to anyone or engage in any type of dialogue. While at work I can be sarcastically witty with days events, on the verge of insulting even, there really is no qualitative dialogue. After work, I punch out, go home and sleep (due to exhaustion).

When the phone rings, its not for me. When an email arrives, its merely a chain letter or a responsive automatic email sent from an online community. All that don't offer person to person contact.

And for those I do chat with ... it sends me to a slump. I usually end up talking to people who are moving to Montreal for art school (good luck Scotty), or chat with an ex whose meeting his new beau's family in Ottawa (good luck BJ), or chat with an ex whose just met his perfect master (something he's always wanted that I don't think I can offer him). They all have something to say, something positive, something that indicates they are moving forward. Their news always make me feel stagnated, at a stand still.

Its not their fault of course, I'm happy that they're getting what they want. And I wish nothing but good things for them. I just wish something good would happen for me. Its been a long year and I'm just tired of things not going right.

Oh well, I'll figure this out I'm sure. Besides, its Pride weekend here in Calgary. Parade on sunday, in which I was asked to drive a convertible for it, but can't cause my liscence expired (damn liscence), and I'm buying my new mountain bike tomorrow. So far, thats my news ... how newsworthy in comparison to everything else, lol. But, its mine.

Happy Pride ya'll.

No comments: