Thursday, June 21, 2007

The buck is passed

Ouch .. what a day. Work was crazy nuts today, one of my printers completely conked on us, and for a kitchen, thats bad. On the one printer that was working, orders were doubling up and entire bills were slit in two ... it was crazy. Especially when dinner rolled around followed by the obliged team rush. Fun Fun Fun.

Work ... I tell ya, its gettin harder and harder to walk through those doors. I had "heard" that upper management was talking about me behind my back. The managers all complaining that "I don't care". Figures, the minute the previous KM (kitchen manager) quit, the buck gets passed on to me. They all seem to forget what I put myself through to make it easier on them. The seem to have forgotten the 'favors' I've been doing and have been doing for months now.

I think what has pissed them off is that I've declined the Assistant Kitchen Manager position.

All I can say is excuse me for taking care of myself. The fact that this is now my fourth kitchen manager in the span of a year says alot. Its something I don't want, not with this kitchen. I don't mind added responsibility, but keep the title. Don't expect me to work massive amounts of overtime, especially since I won't be gettin paid the overtime hours (something thats against the law might I add).

Its odd, how they're talking of me not caring is actually making that statement true.

No comments: