Wednesday, April 02, 2008

NEW GEAR

Did I mention that I was in a pre-apprentice program? I'm sure I did at one point .. even if just vaguely. Ah, the joys of a copious amount of time passing between posts; ya never know what ya mentioned before.

Anyways, I remember posting that I quit my job in favor for a program I got in. At first it was all up in the air as to whether or not they would accept my application, ya see .. I was waitlisted. And there were people ahead of me. And so I waited and waited, working a job I hated in the meantime but yet hoping for the best. And sure enough, last minute I got in.

And so, for the past few months, since February, I've been in a program and attending classes everyday. Now, I think this is the first time since high school that I actually attended classes everyday. But not only did I attend, I also showed up early for class. (That fact alone astounds me, lol) The biggest reason behind all this is that if I miss enough classes, I would be removed from the program. Anywho, the first month was a personal developement focus, and the next month (or actually 17 days) was upgrading to ensure a passing grade on the Apprenticeship exam. Its feels like its been long, but I'm sure its becuase of the low pay we receive monthly as incentive, and the fact that I'm not working in the inbetween time. So while doing all this, money is scarce.

But, its paying off ... just today I bought new steel toed boots, a pair of carharts and other miscellaneous stuff for work; ya see, starting monday I actually start training in the union shop. WOO HOO!

Another good thing is that a good friend of mine from high school, who I just happen to be in the same program, now lives with me and we're both learning the same trade. It really looks like things are starting to shape up for me. *knocks on wood* ... ya never know.

No comments: