Monday, April 28, 2008

Workin the Steel

And so I've been training in the union for three weeks now, today we're starting week four, and today I just got my first introduction to welding. Lets just say fish out of water, lol. But it was fun.

Last week, we worked. That class and I were brought on to construction sites tying rebar. And let me tell you, you will never see a fat ironworker working in rebar. The amount of running around, the weight one must pack, the amount of time your hunched over tying the slab beneath your feet is EXHAUSTING. I was forming muscles in my legs I didn't even know I had. As much as I loved it, I don't think I've slept so much in one week. But the money I made, compared to the actual amount of time worked, is HUGE. CHA CHING! (there were days that us students were not needed on the site, lets just say that the weather, the steel manufacturers, the foreman and his crew .. all came into play. It was one rough week for EVERYONE).

All of last week, my days started at 5 in the morning, just so I can make it to work by 7 (or 7:30am), but at least we were done the site by 3pm. I really need a car, lol.

No comments: