Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And I'm Officially Homeless ... kind of

And so, today is the last day of the month ... today was hell at work (someone called in sick and 15 orders were rung every minute for a whole lunchhour), and today was the last day to get all my stuff out of my old home.

As I pulled to the house, I could see the lights on inside. Personally I had hoped the old roommate was there packing his things (I never told him I was leaving, and he had left most of his furniture when he was bailing on me). It would have been sweet to see him try to explain things since my mom was with me and he owes her 5000 dollars. Sadly, I was disappointed and mildly uncomfortable when I realised it was the landlord. He got my letter, the letter that said I was moving out, the letter that said if he continued to harass me at work I would call the cops, the letter that said I would pay for half of what he's expecting (the old roommate SHOULD cover the rest).

I parked, headed on into the house, and found him already showing the place ... for an ass, he sure moves fast. Mom's bf helped me move what was left, and so did the landlord. And all I did was get what was mine, screw the mess .. I was leaving that for the poor sucker who had to clean it. I had hoped it would be the landlord, but got a little satisfaction when he mentioned the old roommate would do it (or at least pay someone else to do it).

Upon the last load, after small utterances were exchanged throughout the ordeal, he stared at me ... trying to read me as he said, "shit happened".

"It did," I replied.


The brightside to all of this ... I haven't called a good friend of mine in roughly a year. He's know storing my bed in his basement, and I'm meeting up with him tomorrow. I haven't seen my mom in months, and at moments notice she would drive for hours to come help out her son. And I now pay 300 rent at a friends instead of 1000 for my own. And the old roommate now has a debt to clear with money he doesn't have. (by the way, its been discovered that a deal of his hasn't developed, a deal that was crucial in his building his 'business' ... he now must deal with even more people wanting their money back)

I'm still in a situation that I didn't want, and I have no idea where its going to lead me. But I now know that I'm not alone in this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Things happen for a reason, and I am sure you will come out ahead on this one.. you will already come out $700 a month ahead on rent... save it,pay down some debt and then get your own place... good luck...