Saturday, February 03, 2007

"I need to talk to you"

And so, after an exhausting week of work (closing the kitchen on night only to open it the next day), I was finally back on to my usual schedule of work; 9 to 5, monday to friday (very unusual for the restaurant industry).

Thirty more minutes on the clock and I could go to the lounge for staff priced drink ... until the kitchen manager came in.

"Make me some poutine," he says as he passes the dish pit, "oh .. and I need to talk to you."

Usually I think I'm in sh_t when I hear that .. so naturally, I start to get all anxious. I make his poutine, grab myself a cup of coffee, and he head to the be beer shed for a smoke (you try having a smoke while its snowing, I am in Alberta afterall).

"So.." he says while facing a direction away from me, "what do you want next weekend? Days or nights?"

... ... ... ...

He doesn't even ask if I want to work the weekend. A simple days or nights, and thats it.

I tell you, he is fuggin lucky he's cute.

I'm now working 14 days straight ... days on the weekends; cause lets face it, I may work the weekend but that doesn't mean I ain't going out.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Whatever you do try to take some time for yourself. 14 Days!