Friday, February 23, 2007

Life keeps on ticking

And so .. I'm homeless.

So much crap has been happening, that honestly I'm surprised I haven't snapped yet. Er wait, I have already.

And so, one of my rent checks have bounced ... in November. The landlord called me yesterday to let me know. Three months later, he calls me to inform me. (I haven't been gettin my statements from my bank, so I didn't know) And as to how I never caught on with my bank card, I have no idea. But nevertheless ... the landlord wants his money. And I don't have it.

I had enough money for next months rent (the joys of living paycheck to paycheck), but nothin saved for emergencies.

You see, while I had a roommate I've been paying for everything. While he stayed under the same roof as me, he paid for nothing. He deemed it worthy for himself to call himself a businessman while he conned financial institutions and other people with money in order to start a business (I was his business partner for awhile, until I saw his 'business tactics' and realised he wanted majority ownership for an enterprise that he's contributed financially nothing to). He said he would pay me back and all ... until one day he said the 'business' owes me money. I snapped one day and let him have it .. what I felt, the realities of what he's doing, the legalities of it all; and since then he slowly moved out. He stayed a friends places (I presume) and grabbed his most immediate necessities while I was at work so that he wouldn't have to face me. He now owes me over 5000 dollars. He literally left, vanished, adios ... gone.

And now here I am, in an apartment I'm uncomfortable in because my mere presence here implies notions that I'm not ready to do. Me being here implies me taking steps towards something that I didn't want to step to (I'm at the bf's place). Being here implies a seriousness towards a relationship that I was seriously thinking about ending (and just being friends if it was possible).

But then I get that phone call .. a phone call I could have dealt with three months ago. A phone call that occured just minutes before the worst lunchrush I've ever had to work (because many a kitchen staff was sick and only one manager showed up for the whole restaurant).

One phone call lead to me packing all my things that I didn't want to lose, in one night. One phone call lead me to move to a residence that I didn't want to move to.

But at the same time, one call brought a lil bit of joy when I realised that according to the landlords copy of the lease, and the fact that its an implied lease ... I'm not on it. The roommate that decided to screw me over, his name is on it. He can pay for this shit ... I'm done.

My boss now knows that I may give my notice.

I still don't know what to do ... I feel like I lost my home. I feel like, like I've been feeling alot the past few months, like I'm forced to do things I don't want to do.

All this, and I'm trying to go back to school. Fuck sakes.





... ... ... I lost my home ... ... ...

No comments: