Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Evaluation: Work

Work .. sadly its all I can talk about these days. It seems to be the only I do. Work work work.

I got my employee evaluation today, I really didn't worry about it since I'm now heavily thinking about leaving. I even called back home to see if any jobs were available (home is three hours away and a very small town, its a big decision to make and one I'm really thinking about .. there are alot of factors to consider). So when I heard evaluations were being done, it didn't matter much to me anyways. Plus, it wasn't really a surprise when the new manager commented "One of the cooks/supervisors I don't really need to worry about." Not to stroke my own ego, but I'm one of the few that can carry my own weight and just get the job done without a huge debate about this and that. "Its a job, just get it done," thats what I think.

But I heard today that two of my favorite servors have put in their notice. There go two of the smart ones, and the smart ones are a few already. And while a few of us were talking about it, it slipped that two more are also going to put in their notice. Two more smart ones, gone.

Slowly and slowly, more and more revelations surface that push more closer to the door.

Really though, there is just too much bickering and talking behind peoples backs that simply listening to it all gets me tired. There are too many grown adults complaining and whining, it all hurts the head. This whole restaurant reaks of desperation just to stay afloat that even after its renovations are done there will be no difference like all had hoped. No, it won't change.

And I used to think that I was helping out the people who are really put in hard work to make this establishment work. But now, all I can think is that I really should just help myself and make a difference for me, (since the differences that I have been making have gone deeply unnoticed).

But where do I go? What do I do? (there is more to this thought I will post another day ...)

No comments: