Monday, July 09, 2007

Mystery Trailer Causing Buzz

Gotta love it when production companies start a buzz. lol .. I guess, I really don't know. Thats me trying to sound all movie-like, like I'm in the biz or something.

Anyways, what I'm gettin at is movie trailers. When done correctly they can give the tingling feeling inside your chest, the feeling of anticipation; the feelings I got when I seen the X-Men trailer for the first time.

On saturday, I went and watched the Transformers movie. And let me just say this ... AWESOME! I mean, wow. Absolutely WOW. I'm going to see it again, on the big screen, again. Thats how much I loved it.

But for big block busters, I love the previews chosen. (yes, I'm one of those who love watching previews ... shh, don't tell anyone) And let me tell you, the trailer .. the mystery trailer that was unnamed, the one with the flying head of the Statue of Liberty, the trailer that caused thousands to run to the internet to find out what it is ... that one, I found it.

For a blockbuster disaster pic, its been produced on a modest budget (so they say, but when the trailer is in the style of a handheld camera, whose to deny that chance ...) And the cast consists of relatively unknowns. (But here's a lil trivia .. there is a girl on The Class, who also stared in Mean Girls with Lindsey Lohan, who has a part in this movie. Thats all I'll say.) And so far, there is lil info available regarding the premise of this new disaster flick. But, this just may be one case where you can judge a book by its cover since the trailer is simply awesome.


Thus far, info that is available on the net is calling this flick Cloverfield .. and if you want to see the trailer .. just click here.

UPDATE: Even the trailer provided by Apple.com is nameless and provides no premise. Instead the title given for the trailer is in fact its release date, January 18, 2008 (1.18.08). But it does offer a HD trailer .. and can be found here.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)