Friday, March 04, 2011

BACK ... but still distant

Wow its been a long time since I was here ... honestly, there were times when I completely forgot that I used to do this.

How much time has passed? Three years or so? Will I even still have readers? Did I intend on having readers when I started this blog many-a-life ago? Truthfully, no. The overall intention of this blog was to vent my thoughts and feelings about the overall B.S. that has been going on in my life. And I'm kind of at point where I gotta do it again.

The Basics
When I started this blog, I was intending on going to school for film school or new media. Attempt after attempt in trying to enroll into a local tech school resulted in numerous fails; for reasons beyond my control. But hey, I tried. Until one day whilst on vacation with my roommate, I stopped and took a tour of the Vancouver Film School and was SOLD! I quit my job, made application, packed up my life and left Calgary (trust me, there's a alot of stories and BS in this move alone which will have to be explained another day). I am now in Film school and no longer learning New Media; to explain, New Media is no longer "New" Media since the said media has been been out for awhile now, its just media, lol.

When I started this blog, I was young. Very young and inexperienced to the gay world. I had little friends and knew little about what the gay community could mean. Essentially I was on a quest to find out what being gay meant to me. I partied, I played and got played, made and lost relationships, was at my happiest and was at my worst; all in a span of three years. Personally, I'm kind of glad it happened then. If I had done all that here in Vancouver, who knows how hard I would have fallen.

But now, I sit here in class. I should be paying attention, but my mind is wandering.

No comments: