Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not one thing was keeping me here ... and then there was one

The biggest reason for leaving Calgary, was that I knew I was waiting for someone, a certain someone. Someone I was deeply in love with, someone I craved over and over again. Essentially someone who will always been with me in my heart.

I had known that I wanted him and no one else, but every time I tried, or he tried, there was always something in the way. There was always a reason we weren't together. Then one year, my sister died. And it was then I knew that I wanted him and only him by my side. So I called. And got no answer. So I waited, and then I texted. And got no answer. So I called, then I emailed, then I texted again. And always got no answer. Next thing I knew, over a year had gone by and I was still getting no answer.

"How long can one attempt before he just gives up," I thought to myself. And "what basis is there that will make me give up?" I pondered that over and over. How do you give up on someone you love?

I was out with my best friend who was going on and on about him and his bf, it was the usual drama that I had learned by heart by this time. But it hit me, (the amount of epiphanies I had at this point in my life, I'm surprised I don't have a concausion) they were together, and they were trying to make it work. One would compromise, and the other would compromise, and they would find the middle ground that would make them happy. But a relationship requires two people. And of everything I wanted and needed, all I knew was that it was just me. Always, just me.

It was at this moment that I knew that I needed someone to choose me, even if at the end of the day it meant that I choose me.

So I made application for film school, the one thing I had ALWAYS wanted since I was a kid.

Sure enough, three days after I was accepted and everything was paid for and it was FINALISED that I was going to Vancouver .... he called.

No comments: