Monday, May 07, 2007

Dreamscapes

I sat on one side of a long table, eating dinner with the rest of that family. On the far end sat my mother, my younger sister next to her and my brother next to her. I looked up at them and saw the smiles and laughter on their faces as they exchanged jokes and harmless, yet witty, insults. We were a family again, under one roof; there for each other, loving and caring. And it felt good.

As I turn towards my plate to eat another forkful, I could feel someone else next to my side; a warm touch of his arm next to mine as we both eat from our plates. I remember feeling comfort. I look up to see Scott smiling back at me, my ex.

Laughter consumed the room as we all continued dinner, simply going through the motions. And then its time ... the day is done and its time for Scott to leave. He has a long drive ahead of him. And I stay behind.

Moments later, after his departure and as I am now heading on my way back to my home, I get into a car accident.

I wake in a hospital, alone ....

Such odds dreams lately.

No comments: