Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hi ...

And so ... I did a little exercise today. I decided to write with my eyes closed so that I wouldn't be able to see the flow of my thought processes as I typed them out. I have a hunch that being able to see what we write actually influences what we write next. And I didn't want to be influenced. I wanted to discover.

And one thing did happened ... other than realising the sausage fingers that I do type with ... I wrote something that just hit me. After reading everything I wrote, and doing my best to consciously absorb all that was me, it was two sentences, one right after the other, that seemed the most real.

"I don't know how life got so hard .. it just did. And whenever I am alone, it feels like pain."

Now, maybe its cause I have a tendency to watch life like a fly on the wall (never really apart of the whole picture, but always there). Maybe its cause I never really thought of myself ... but it hit me. And you can't control what hits you, its always something you never expect. But there it was.

Me, staring back at me.

... now what?

1 comment:

Brechi said...

I have those feelings sometimes too...