Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Gay Sports



I love sports, I absolutely love sports. The men, the sweat, the panting ... oh yeah. But lately there's something I realised. (yes, another revelation, surprise surprise) I love PLAYING sports. Watching them on TV is a completely different story. I can't do it. I just can't sit on the couch and watch a hockey game or football. Some tid bits here and there maybe, but the ENTIRETY of the game/match ... nope, sorry ... just can't do it. The only time I can EVER do that, is when I'm actually at the game itself; when I'm sitting in the arena seats drinking cheap beer and can hear clearly the shouting of everyone around me. When I'm actually in the stadium/dome partaking in the experience is the only time I can sit down and watch a game as oppose to playing. Other than that, I need to feel the uniform on my body. I need the feeling of exhaustion thats hightened when sweat rolls down your forehead and drips from your eye brows and chin. I need the heavy beathing thats gratifying after competing and completing a set task. I need teammates by my side who give you a hard time when you missed an easy shot. I need the hockey skates/baseball kleats/football kleats on my feet. I need the hockey stick in hand, the foot ball in hand, the volleyball in hand, or the baseball bat in hand. I need the whole gear of whatever sport it is I'm playing, which is why I just can't sit there in the living room watching a sport I'd rather be playing. I love sports.



PS: Pics credits to gorillabeach.com (again), Philadelphia flyers Inquiry, and the link on the headline to a recent article posted over at Outsports.com ... and let me tell you, the guy that portrays Mike ... WOOF!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love how I check out your blog on the computers at the school and it looks like I'm drooling over shirtless rugby players. lol
Well, in reality I do find them quite striking. Anyway, you should join an adult leave of competitive... knitting? I don't know what people play these days, but my suggestion is that you look for adult sports leagues in the city.