Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This Tuesday = A Monday

And the outcome of Thanksgiving, like any other holiday for that matter, is that it has come and gone. Fully and anticipated and fully wanted it to last longer. The things we take for granted *sigh. Oh well, what can one do but dwell in the pleasant memories of spending time with loved ones. In my case, its wrestling with sister, eating breakfast with my mom, calling my dad, doing house work for my mom, watching movies and for the most part of it, complaining that I"m bored. Suck is life in small towns when one lives in the city now. But it was still great. Got to see my best friend and my God son (crazy lil guy) and my lil niece who attempted to boss around my god son to no avail (I said he was a crazy lil kid). And was asked by my uncle where I lost my weight (and he meant specifically, he assumed I lost it on the bus or something since so much of it was gone ... yeah, I didn't get it right away either). But I love family get togethers.

Okay, to my point ... this past weekend I FINALLY got to watch some movies. So many have come and gone that I have no idea what it was I wanted to watch. Needless to say, when I walked into the video store, I felt like a kid in a candy store ... so many movies yet so lil time and even less money ... but, still managed to get some good ones.

Sin City, looked cool ... but grew tiresome.
Cursed, I love Wes Craven, I love Kevin Williamson so needless to say, I loved this. Christina Rici looked great when she was discovering her hightened sense of smell, lol.

Lords of Dogtown, WOW! I totally didn't expect this movie to be that good. I really didn't. Heath Ledger pulled of the character of Skip PERFECTLY. And I love the ending of it too. Mainly because of the music used. ThoughtNot, an avid guitarist knows his shyte when it comes to music. Especially melancholy beats that enhance mellow moods.




Now I know this movie has been out for quite some time, but ... I never said I was punctual. WATCH IT! (if you haven't already ...)

No comments: