Thursday, July 07, 2005

YEEHAW, with a Double 'Yee' and a Double 'Haw'

Gotta love the prairies in all its western glory. The Gay Rodeo here in Calgary Alberta has just past. YEE HAW! Unfortunately I was only able to attend one day, and of all things I can go in, baggy jeans and a hoodie. Totally did not look the part, but that didn't stop me from partying like it was 1999. AND, it was my first Gay Rodeo ever. Next year, I'm totally camping. Hot cowboys wearing tight wranglers under a cowboy hat in cowboy boots. mmm mmm good .... and when they go shirtless too *drool* The Gay Rodeo Association can be found be clicking this post's headline. So go ahead, click it ... I dare you ... come on, click it ... I double dare you. CLICK IT!

Anyways, on to the Double Yee and the Double Haw. Calgary Stampede is starting tomorrow, YEE HAW! More hot cowboys in tight wranglers under a sexy cowboy hat and in cowboy boots .... mmm mmm good. Too bad their str8 ... thats tragic. Now, this is my first in calgary during the stampede, and I must say, this city is going ALL OUT. Cowboy hats everywhere. All buildings getting decorated (gettin pimped out), cowboy specials as far as the eye can see. I'm so happy I moved here. Just too bad I wasn't a cowboy. I blame my mother for that one. She didn't want to see her baby getting bucked off a bare back bronc ... hmmmm, that can go two ways, lol.

N E WAYs, thats all I have to say. Later ya'll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CORRECTION TO YOUR JOURNAL: Not all men are straight and not all cowboys are straight. Many gay men work in mostly straight profession.

Lone_Wolf said...

okay? totally defeats the purpose of this post, but I do agree. Of course I never meant to imply all men are str8 and not all cowboys are str8 (hence the purpose of talking about the GAY RODEO, I did say that, didn't I?) ANYWAYS ... I could go on to the realities of gay men in str8 professions, but I try to steer away from using labels (failing miserably from time to time) and simply know that gay men are out there, and they work; thats all I need to know.