Monday, July 11, 2005

Gay fat boi gettin slimmer

When I first moved here to Calgary on May 1st, 2005 ... I weighed 240 lbs. Sure thats a lil big, I suppose .... I mean that seems rather small to me since I once weighed almost 300 lbs. (Ok ok ok, it was only 287, but lets face it, anyting over 250 should might as well be 300.)

But yeah, I weighed the good ol plump weight of 240. Well ... yesterday, for the first time since I moved here (ok, thats an obvious lie), I weighed myself while at the gym. And TAAA DAAA! 217lbs. 217 lbs FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Wow. How the hell did that happen. I'm consuming more booze than I could afford, but at the same time walking absolutely EVERYWHERE I go. Can walking really do that for a fella? Or course, I would have walked more in the past, assuming that I had someplace to go. But being the ol country boi that I am, where is one to go? Everywhere worth going required a vehicle.

And now look at me ... in the past 2.5 months, 23 lbs gone .... and since my peak ... 70 lbs gone.

Although, I was kind of expecting this. Remember my post called "escapism"? Well, click this post's headline and it'll take you to the forementioned post. BTW, congrats to me ... YAY! ... and sure, a lil unhealthy since healthy weight loss is equalled to 2 lbs per week. Which in my case should be 18 lbs ... but oh well, I say. Cause I lost 23 lbs, YAY!!!

No comments: