Monday, May 16, 2005

Escapism

So, here I am in Calgary, Alberta. I've been here for 16 days now, and I still haven't bought any groceries. Its not like I'm not eating and that I don't have any money, in fact since last friday, its been quite the opposite. Its just I'm never home now. And when I am, its to sleep or simply for a few minutes, and then I'm off again. And good news too, I lost 10 pounds. IN TWO WEEKS. Wow, sure that may be unhealthy ... but I don't care. Cause I lost ten pounds. And I wasn't even trying. Nah, this is merely the result from walking around EVERY DAY, to EVERY LOCATION I was going. Now add that with the gym and GOD DAMN, I'll be in great shape in no time. That of course is if I stay away from beer for awhile. HAHAHAHA, now thats a funny thought.

Now, unfortunately, I haven't met any cool gay guys. Instead, I've been meeting gay men with HUGE attitude problems. I suspect they were held too much as children, but you know, thats just me. Nah, perhaps they're good people, I wouldn't know because I've never seen that side of them. But maybe, just maybe they are. Of course, I myself have been meeting these men in the bars, where I myself am drunk, lol. WHAT?! I don't have an alcohol problem. I drink, get drunk, NO PROBLEM! But I must say, this is usually because I left my roommates (who wanted to go home early, too early for me) who drink like fishes. Plus, the nourishing taste of beer as it washes down your throat is sweeeeeeeet! Hmmm ... Only monday and I wish it was Friday, lol.

N E Ways, to the point. Perhaps new friends like relationship material boyfriends is best sought OUTSIDE the bar. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the bar; the drinks, the music, the people, the lowered inhibitions, lol. Its a great place to just chill and relax (if you like that kind of atmosphere). And if your an avid introvert such as yours truly, then its also a great escape from the everyday. hmmmm ... the everyday. Why do I have such a need to escape the everyday? And why do I usually find this escape in bars? Can it be because I'm a gay boy from a smalltown, where prosecution due to jealousy and ignorance and arrogance is abundently abound? Perhaps. Maybe its because I've never allowed myself to be my true self and thus resulted in a behavioural habit of composing myself in a reserved manner. Whatever the case, the real question is should it manner? Should I really be concerned with it being that its only day 16? Meh. I'm still having fun. And besides, the big picture portrays that I'm still in an escape from the everyday anyways, simply because that every city and every town and every friend for that matter that I have encountered up until this point, is TOTALLY different from my home town. And I'm loving every minute of it.

PEACE

1 comment:

Lone_Wolf said...

UPDATE ... 2.5 months = 23 lbs lost ... YAY!