Thursday, February 16, 2006

And its sad: X3

One of my favorite characters of all time is being treated without justice in the next sequel to the X-Men franchise.

Upon seeing him in X2, I was ecstatic that Colossus was not only mentioned but also that you could see him morph into the hunk of metal hotness that is he. Yes, that is the superpower that Colossus has, the ability to morph into complete metal (even his hair) and superhuman strength. And for that brief moment when he confronts the invading soldiers, I thought "OHMIGOD, THATS SO AWESOME!" (yes, I'm a comic geek, or at least was in my younger years ... I'm totally behind on whats been happening)

N E WAYS, back to the injustice I've mentioned. With new directors come new creative ideas and new ways to implement said ideas. In this day and age with regards to movies, it is nearly impossible to bring in a new director to copy cat the styles of a previous one. And since Bryan Singer has choosen to direct and bring forth his vision of 'Superman', a new director (Bryan Ratner) was brought in to replace Singer and direct the muchly anticipated X-Men 3, also known as X3.

The problem I have is the result of the latest movie stills that I've stumbled upon thanks to 20Sumthing [linked to rught]. The problem I have is with the makeup. Oh, my, god .. the makeup. It looks horrible. In regards to my favorite character of all time, the makeup is horrible. Especially in comparison to what was featured in the second X-Men film. What the second film introduced appears to be CGI effects and they looked great. Colossus was shiny and the metal actually looked like metal. There was a lustre present that made it all that much more ... awesome (lack of a better term). And now ... that lustre is gone. Colossus just looks bad. And not enough words are available to express my dismay to what I see in the X3 stills. Here's what I'm talking about, the next few pics were taken from the X2 films.

Now the following here is a movie still from X3.

NNNOOOOOOO. Am I right, or am I right? I don't know Mr. Ratner, I just don't know. Your previous films were awesome, Rush Hour 2, Red Dragon ... but X3? I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see. And that means yes, as much as this whole makeup thing is getting to me, I'm still going to wait in line on opening night to watch X3.

Why you ask. Well, Daniel Cudmore of course. The actor is HOT. Just check it out ...

UPDATE: Interesting ....
You scored as Colossus. Colossus is the strongest X-Man physically. His love for his family and his sister Illiana make him strong. Although he can be prone to fits of rage, he has a big heart under that organic steel skin. Powers: Can change his skin into organic steel making him nearly invunerable and exponentially increasing his strength

Colossus

95%

Iceman

80%

Jean Grey

65%

Emma Frost

60%

Storm

55%

Wolverine

55%

Rogue

55%

Gambit

55%

Cyclops

55%

Beast

40%

Nightcrawler

30%

Most Comprehensive X-Men Personality Quiz 2.0
created with QuizFarm.com

1 comment:

Trunk Guy said...

I'd prefer it if he didn't morph into anything and just got naked!