Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Friends who Care

Question: Whats the opposite of my birthday?
Answer: A birthday where people show up and actually have fun.

So this past weekend was a friends birthday. Now normally, I'm all up for birthdays. I love birthdays, getting friends a gift, buying 'em drinks, meetin more people. I just love the social atmosphere created by the fact that its someones birthday. Everyone seems to be nicer and more outgoing. Well anyways, this past weekend was my friends b-day.

And the unfortunate thing about this birthday is that I was reminded of mine. (NOTE: A remembrance of mine is linked in the headline .. click it and you'll see why) I was reminded because it was this particular friend who was the one who "planned" my birthday party, the party where no one showed up. And its this particular friend who had showed up late, and left early. This is THAT friend. So needless to ask, but what did I do? Simple, I took my time getting ready, played Grand Theft Auto with the roommate, drank a few at home and an hour and half later, I finally made my way to his birthday. Oh, and I left early too. Before midnight actually.

Am I a little bitter? Perhaps. Was it childish? I'd definately say yes. But, I did it. And being the 'good friend' that he is, totally expected it.

Do I feel bad for what I did? No, not really. Cause the friends who didn't show up to mine, made it on time for his.

Do I need new friends?

No comments: