Monday, May 16, 2005

BRING IT ON

No, this is not in any reference to the movie or Kirsten Dunst whatsoever. This is MY blog, so its about me, lol. *insert evil laugh*

Well to the point, one thing I've never mentioned to ya before is that I'm now in Calgary for a new job. Its just a summer thing, but also a great experience for me seeing as I'm considering on being a lawyer and the job I have is at a Law Firm. So, great pay and a great experience. Not to mention, this particular Law Firm does a considerable amount of work for my hometown. So needless to say that everything I discover here WILL NOT be mentioned ever to any of my friends and family from back home, do to confidentiality agreements and not to mention its just plainly unethical and unprofessional. But the gay man in me truly wants to gossip, lol. No worries, I won't.

But anyways, back in my hometown, they host a Trade/Career Fair every year. And I mean every year. Everyone goes there, from the hot shot professionals, educational workers (teachers, etc) all the way down to the Petroleum Transfer Engineers (Gas Jockeys, lol) and even lil' wee lads running amuck and curious about certain jobs and such (I was there once in my life, back when I was a wee 'lil punk). Its a huge deal back home. I'm certain a small event here in my new office, but still, its huge. And this year, I've been asked to man the booth that will be set up for the Firm I work for. Okay I say, I need a new challenge. You'll never get better if you don't at least do it once, right?

But heres the problem: I've never operated a whole booth on my own before. In fact, for the most part in my booth operations of the past, I was merely a helper, a gopher, a bitch (lol). But its true, I was always the handy guy to have around, for I would help everyone. I was never THE actual Representative of a company or society or any organisation for that matter. And now I have total control of the marketing and networking of a firm that I've only been with for 16 days?! As well as a representative of the legal industry in which I'm not even actively apart of; cause I ain't in law school yet, I'm just an office bitch of a Law Firm (I don't handle the cases).

Oh well, at least I'll be back home, that takes off some of the edge. And I have a feeling that the questions will be generic moreso than specific. As long as I know that this firm focuses on Oil and Gas and Native Communities (thats right, I'm Native ... an Aboriginal North American, and Indian ... but forget all the PC lingo. Just call me causasion impaired, lol), then I should be alright. Plus, this Firm has been attending this Trade/Career Fairs for years now, as far back as 1994 I think. (okay, I was wrong, it was only since 2002) But nevertheless, it should be fun.

Plus I get to go home and see everyone I love and miss *tear*

2 comments:

STP said...

No pressure or anything...but screw this up and your potential future title of "Booth Rep" will be flushed down the toilet...like I said, no pressure.

muwahahahahahaaa...you're going to fail!

Lone_Wolf said...

Funny thing about challenges and the phraze 'bring it on' is that even if its a failure and regret ... BRING IT ON! lol