Monday, May 09, 2005

Calgarian Weekend: 1st Episode

Well, this past weekend was my first weekend in the big bad city (well, as far as city's go when your in Alberta, Canada ... and I must admit, its no NYC). But still, this country boy loved every minute of it. And thus far, I've been here for a week but I still have no grocery's to eat. Who needs em when you go out for a beer every night. Hmmmm ... but I must keep in check that beer means a bigger gut ... yet I'm still walking more often than I'm used to. (I have no car, and I'm always going places, neither of my roommates have vehicles either) So ... I'll have to wait and see if I'll gain anymore wieght or whatever.

Anyways ... the gay scene here ... sucks. lol .... not like I can judge I must admit. Or maybe I'm just not that used to it, after all I am a country boy whose used to bush/tailgate parties out on the countryside and where the gay scene was non-existant. The good ol days of partying from 10pm to 8AM in the morn. The rising of the dawning sun was the indication that it was time to go home. But here ... wow. Same start time, except we get home sooner ... and I can't help but feel that I'm cheated, lol. Oh well, all is well. Went to some great pubs/lounges (whatever you call them) and yes I already have a favourite now, the good ol 'Ship and Anchor'. Great beer ... high prices. But I now know that this whole city is high prices. but thats okay this time around ... for at least I have a decent paying job.

Anyways, the gay scene ... blah. What else can I say about it? Well lets see, pretentious, conceited, stuck up, shallow ... hmmm .. no wait, theres more ... jaded, callous, even the most aged crowd seems callow. I can go on and on and on. But since it was only my first weekend and I had no one to go with, well then I'll reserve my judgement for August. For now, I'll just assume it was a bad night for everyone. Especially for that one guy who was angry at the world since he allegedly helped construct the club and made it happening but now got 'restructured' out of operations. Damn he bitched so much I just wanted to shout "GET OVER IT". What I got was that this happened quite awhile ago. He turned me off my night so bad, it was like realising the guy your crushing on is str8. But nevertheless, being a smalltown boy ... I had a great time laughing at the weird folk ... even though I may have been weird to them, since I was wearing a zip up hoodie and cap, and all I mainly wear are baggy clothes. But hey, I've embraced my weirdness, its what makes me, well me. Especially here in the big bad city (which honestly isn't that big

No comments: