Thursday, May 12, 2005

For You

I don't even know who I was back then. And its been years now; but it feels so long ago. All I truly know is that, now, the sun shines. I see the beauty of the world that was invisible once before. But I must admit, there are days where the beauty is harder to see; perhaps thats due to habit. Nevertheless there are days I can see it. I'm no longer caged in a pitch black box with no means of escape. And for that I thank Paul.

There were days when I would choose darkness over light. The world was far from nice, and I started to believe and behave like it was the only truth I had known. And at the time, it was. Everything was bleek; thunderous black clouds reigned. Up until I met Paul.

There was just something different in him that was different. An essence I had never encountered before. A peace evident in his smile. And when he smiled a light filled the room; but when he smiled at me, the light filled my world. After meeting him only twice, I've come to see that my world was not subjected to a pitch black filled box. Instead I was able to see a whole universe I never thought could exist for me. The sun rose and enveiled a world so vast that all I could do is cry and wonder why I've never seen it before.

But being with Paul, that meant nothing. The past was the past and with him, the past didn't matter. All that mattered was that I could see the world at that moment. He allowed me to just be me. It was an acceptance I never felt before, an acceptance that was unknown to me, an acceptance that even I, myself did not want. And he gave it nevertheless.

Its been almost three years since we met. And I'm a better man today. Better just by knowing him. I'm a better man towards myself. Paul, thank you.

No comments: