Friday, May 27, 2005

a phone call to Cher

So I finally got to chat it up with a good friend from college. I haven't seen her or chatted from here since she moved early (before classes were even over) and I will always remember last day of classes when I was SLOSHED by 8pm (that what happens when you drink 4 pitchers of beer all to yourself at 4 in the afternoon). I wish I could say it was a great night, but I was passed out before the night began, lol. And its HER FAULT. I blame everything on her ... and I thank her for it too, cause it was a great day. And besides, its like she says, friends will give you booze even when its a bad idea.

But yeah, she's now over in Buttfuck Alberta working in a museum that I gather is only open 4 hours a day. But at least she's coming down to Calgary, YAY! Oh, by the way, she's no fag hag, I think. What is a fag hag anyways? I mean, I'm gay and all, but I'm small town gay. The whole city lingo and terminology is just way out of whack for me. Hell, I can't even recognise a Cher tune when it plays, which is prolly why all the guys at a bar I went to were shocked to hell when I asked "who sings this?". PLEASE, it is great music and all, I'm not dissing Cher here, but I like other stuff as well like ... oh I don't know, the sound of a guitar perhaps. I may be gay, but I'm not defined by it nor by the stereotypes that every gay man I met, adheres too. Hang on to labels if you must, but I know who I am.

And suddenly I'm ranting, lol. Oh well ... back to the point, it was great to here from a good friend.

Now, as you can see this post isn't actually about a phone call to Cher. I know OF Cher, I DON'T KNOW Cher. This is just my train of thought, how it went from a phone call with a friend to the topic of Cher. I'd like to say I'm sorry to mislead, but honestly I knew what I was doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally added a link for you on my blogger. Where the heck is my link you mofo? -luv kimmie

Lone_Wolf said...

Give and you shall receive ...