Wednesday, September 14, 2005

And I Give Thanks

I was walking home from the bar yesterday, feeling pretty good about myself as I usually do when I go out for Karaoke. Maybe it was because I actually left the bar early (due to limited funds) and was about to get some good well deserved rest. Maybe it was in incessant chatter of bar regulars and realising I was actually involved in the chatter. Either way, whatever the case may be, I felt content. Hell, I even felt lucky and fortunate.

I stood on my balconey, smoking one of the last two cigarettes I had and stared off into the city below. With each puff, I smiled and said a lil prayer. A prayer of gratitude, a prayer of thanks. A prayer not meant to ask for anything, but just to say thank you to the many blessings I've encountered in the past few months. Thanks to family who are so far away. Thanks to friends, old and new. Thanks for my job. Thanks for the weight loss. Thanks for karaoke (yes, I even said thanks for that). Thanks to specific people. And most of all, thanks for my life. As stressful and depressing and lonely it may seem at times, thanks for my life.

I finished my cigarette. Looked up at the night sky reflecting city lights, and asked for a blessing for all the people in my life. Bless them as much as I have been blessed.

No comments: