Friday, September 30, 2005

What The Hell Was THAT Last Night?

I hate having no TV or Stereo. I really do hate it ... I need SOME form of entertainment while I'm home. Something, ANYTHING! I've already counted the tiles on the floor ... and since I forgot, I'll do that again today. Anyways, point in being is that when I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO, I end up thinking (and trust me, thats not always a good thing) ... and right after dinner yesterday I figured I'd take a nap to save me from any all comsuming thoughts that may arise. Besides, I literally only had 6 bucks to my name (I cashed in the change tin can yesterday) and so I wasn't gonna go to the bar too early. So after rollerblading about, cooking and eating dinner ... I had an hour to spare and nothing to do. I took a nap.

Well, those damn thoughts seemed to seep into my dreams or at least caused me to think aloud. I don't know where it came from, but being half asleep and listening to the radio on my cheap alarm clock, I suddenly heard myself say aloud "I'm ready for love." Well, being half asleep and knowing no one around heard me anyways, I left it at that. Maybe it was just a dream.

Well ... like I said, I don't know what the hell that was ... but I continued my evening. I ventured to the bar with a whole 6 dollars, feeling a lil down since I know I'm going to be broke for the next two weeks and most likely alone in a 2 bedroom apartment. Well, the usual ensued. I"d sit at the bar, talk with the bar tender every moment he had free ... converse with some of the regulars and yadda yadda yadda. And beleive it or not, that whole 6 dollars bought me 2 whole beers.

N E WAYS, to the point .... for some odd reason, I actually had some "admirers" last night. And I don't mean just one ... there were a few. Let me see, Mike, Garry, Johnnie, (guys I know, great guys too) Broken Record (he only had 2 pick up lines), and "Mr. I gave you 75 cents so you better give it up". Well ... this is a first. And rather odd since at one point we were all sitting at one table. Does this have anything to do with the fact that "apparently" I'm ready for love? Or just one big coincidence? Perhaps, I'm finally being perceptive to the fact? Perhaps. But whats cool with admirers is that they will buy you beers and shots. So, with my 6 bucks I ended up drinking 3 shots, and 6 beers. And I just went there to get out of my damn apartment. Ain't it cool?

(BTW theres some tunage in the headline ... enjoy) ... some pics up later

No comments: