Monday, September 26, 2005

Karaoke Queen



Okay ... I had a whole post about this ... and somehow erased it. What sucks about that is I'm frustrated and therefore can't get back into the mood I was in when I was originally posting it. But either way .. .I'll try.

So apparently I'm a karoake queen. Like, OMG! I'm a karaoke queen. I find this amusing because I can remember quite vividly a few months ago I wouldn't DARE pick up a mic and belt out in front of a lot of people. It just wouldn't happen ... and now, its literally expected. All I can say is "who knew?!"

This past weekend, I took time off from the city and went to visit a friends place out in the countryside. It was peaceful and quite relaxing, so relaxing in fact that the host, slept most of saturday leaving me to amuse myself. (get your mind out of the gutter ...) Okay, now that your back ... I'll get back to the story. We came back to the city late saturday, and he dropped me off at my favorite watering hole (hehe, I said "hole"). Now, karaoke is always on saturday. And always ends at 12 Midnight, no questions asked. I arrived at 11:45. I walk in the bar, look around to see who I know, and make my way towards the bar. Now this is a tight bar, so naturally taking a look around consists of standing at the door and looking lost. And also consumes the entire time of a brief moment. So I walk the whole one yard from the front door to the bar, and the minute I get there, the bar tender is already holding my beer in air and waiting for confirmation. I nod in reply to say "yes, I want that beer." He places it before me, and next I know, I'm being called up to sing.

I mean I was only there for two minutes. TWO MINUTES. I totally did not expect to sing because

1) It was almost over anyways
2) there was already a rotation in place
2) and I really didn't want to cause for some reason I was exhausted
So I expected not to. Yeah, I was wrong.

So yeah, point in case ... I'm a karaoke bitch. Apparently a regular at that bar ... which is cool, cause their all cool people there; the gay version of Cheers. Which I'm certain every bar has that.

So, on the musical note ... here are two songs I LOVE and just can't get enough of. One is from Thoughtnot ...
thanks for your great taste in music. And another .. well ... from me. One is the address below ... the other can been found if you click the header of this post.

http://homepage.mac.com/okamm/.Public/wishyouwerehere.mp3

And what the hell ... some eye candy as well.




(pics once again from Gorilla Beach ... I love the models on that site.)

No comments: