Monday, December 19, 2005

Bashless

Monday .. what to blog, what to blog. Oh yes, my b-day bash. Good ol saturday night at my fave watering hole. Good drinks, good times, good songs sung at karaoke .. all celebrated by me ALONE. As I've said, I hate my B-Day. Sure I may be exaggerating a bit, but when you realise you just spent your b-day (even if its just the designated day to party) alone .. well, you'd prolly hate your b-day too.

Okay, now that I vented my frustration .. I wasn't completely alone, two people showed up. One was the organiser of the event, who showed up late and left early, and who (I think) also asked if he could borrow some cash. The other is more of an aquiantance, someone I barely know and who I'm guessing was only there to meet up with said organiser. No one else .. even though we mentioned this a couple days before hand. But nevertheless I did get liquored and went to the bar to see if there was at least anyone else I knew, going to see if I can salvage what was left in the night.

Met up with my roommate, thank god. We had a drink or two, danced .. then she left to get her jacket only to never return. Yep, ditched even by the roommate. She didn't even go home .. and I was wondering, who did she pick up in a gay bar? She's str8 after all.

But like I said .. at least I have my boy who makes it all better. I called him up that this past, uneventful, regrettable saturday .. and he was on his way over to my place to be with me (he had to work and so couldn't make it, then he got sick too). But ol drunken me .. fell asleep whilst he waited for an hour outside my building, calling and calling to get in. By this time .. it was 4 in the morning. How great do I feel now? But still, at least I have him.

One day left ... the ACTUAL B-Day is tomorrow .. I just want it to come and go.

BUT ... if I had the money .. what would I buy myself?


1 comment:

Bobby Xanadu said...

Hey LW...sorry that Saturday did not turn out better. I had a birthday like that once, and I hated it, too. And damn that biotch of a roommate - how dare she ditch you?? I mean, honestly, c'mon. But at least you have your boy... :)

I realize this may not bring much consolation, but know that you are not alone...at least one blog buddy here in Michigan will eat some cake tomorrow and sing "Happy Birthday" to his buddy in Calgary.

Here's to a great birthday, buddy...and many, many more to come (that will be much, much better). Next year, I'll come and celebrate with you if no one else will. I've never been to Alberta...only Ontario and Quebec.

Cheers!

~Ziggy