Friday, April 29, 2005

lost my touch

I'd say, since I lost my car, I lost my touch to finding good music, lol. Who knew both factors were dependent on each other.

Anyways, the blogger 'laughinginthefaceofgod.blogs.com' always has some gnarly beats (yeah, I said gnarly .. what U gonna do about it?) with almost every post he does. And I must say, AWESOME. His latest, a rave beat remix of 'Bang Bang'. For those who don't know, its the song that plays in the beginning of Taratino's Kill Bill Vol. 1 ! Plus, if you don't know ... thats just sad. (yeah, I said your sad, get over it...).

To the point, I remember a time when I would venture to the nearest city and go to these all night rave clubs. Of course I'm an alcoholic so all the dancing I would do would burn out my buzz from the cases of beer I drank before hand. The bouncers either never noticed, or never cared. But apparently, those who really know me are the only ones who can tell when I'm drunk, so who knows? N E Ways, this was a time in my life (oh god, I'm 23 three and I'm already referring to 'times in my life' *rolls eyes*) when I would have all the tunes. Sure not all the tunes that everyone loved, just those that I loved. And I found some pretty gnarly beats myself. But, time went on ... money ran out ... and I couldn't venture to the nearest city as much as I wanted. So cd's went missing (like socks in the dryer, inevitable and unexplainable) and so and behold, here I am finding new beats that would have come to me naturally.

I'm 23 and I'm already missing my youth. Good god I have to get out of these small towns. Someone, please save me.

No comments: