Thursday, January 12, 2006

knock knock at the door - a poem

The heavy, stale air lingers and consumes my lungs. A feeling neither wanted nor ignored. Through the nostrils, down the throat, to where it will base camp in my stomache. Empty air weighs me down. Deafening silence echoes along empty walls and pounds on my ear drums .. a deafening noise only I will hear.

Knock knock at the door ...

the darkest black is the sky. the busiest of streets now dead still. earths rotation slows. and still i stand.

knock knock at the door ...

in a still world my mind races on. chaos after chaos my mind stumbles upon, all making sense and all making none. for all thoughts illogical and all logic thoughts live inside this one skull ... all glaring into the world upsidedown.

knock know at the door ...

the tiniest slight catches attention .. the tiniest movement of even the chest. complete awareness but still oblivious to all. for the only awareness that matters not is still here I stand.

knock knock at the door ...

when no one lives here no more.

No comments: