Saturday, January 07, 2006

Passed Out

It was a wednesday evening, and being the broke fella I was, I decided to pass the time away and go play some free pool at the Eagle. At least then I was gauranteed to do something, being broke I didn't really have much options open, and besides, free pool wednesdays ensures I meet up with someone I know.

And sure enough, a guy walked in that I knew. Now I hadn't seen him since before christmas and it was now after New Years, so there were guaranteed stories to tell.

We got to chatting and I he asked me, "How was your New Years?"

Jokingly, I replied, "I heard I had fun." He laughs.

"Apparently I passed out while talking to someone," I add.

"What?!" He asks surprised. As most gays in bar settings do, he only heard certain words and put them together to make sense to him. "you passed out while 'with' someone?"

"While talking," I corrected.

"Oh," he says," I thought you said 'with'. I was gonna say I had many stories where I did on occassion."

I stare at him with a smirk. "Dude," I say back, "they wouldn't just be stories to me, its also a memory."

"OH YEAH," he realises as he laughs.

No comments: