Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Roswell


As I sit here contemplating what to go back to school for, I'm reminded of what the ex told me. He beleived I should be a writer. I likes what I write; in fact he mentioned that he checks this blog daily just to read what I would write. I myself never really noticed my writing skills let alone beleive that I'm a good one .. I mean, I just write. I don't sit all day thinking about what to write next or anything .. whatever pops into my head at the time is what's going to be post here on this blog. If its a memory of what I felt in the past, or just some rant on what happened this past weekend, then it will be posted on this blog ... I don't really give much thought to what I say. I just type it.

But lately I've been thinking about what to go after next. I've been thinking about what path to follow, where to go in life. And so I've done whats always helped me ... I surfed the web. I turned off the thinking portion of my head and just let my mind wander .. and suddenly my old interests have poped up. I found myself searching the web for info on the movie Scream and checking out old shows like Buffy and whatnot .. and was suddenly reminded of an old TV program called Roswell that I liked so much. And so much of why I liked it is because of the symbolism and metaphors used to describe everyday youthful dilemmas and such. It was a showed that spoke to me. Not to mention the theme song used for it from Dido was phenomenal. It was a show that spoke to me ... much like Buffy did from time to time. I like the writing and how it was all used to tell a story. The imagery used, the actors acting, angles and music ... all of it together to create one aesthetic framework and how moving that framework can be.


I don't know how to get there ... but I think thats where I want to be.

No comments: