Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Chapters, Karaoke, A Deer in the City

Quite a bit happened yesterday. Day off from the gym so I went window shopping at a mall. Then off to Chapters. Wanted a beer, so I went to a bar. It was karaoke night, so I sang "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. Was getting hit on by this totally hot, yet totally drunk dude(who turned out to be a leech). Walked home. Slept. Here at work again. But, it was a good night.

But worth mentioning, last night, after a great night at the bar, I was walking home in downtown Calgary; I was approaching an intersection about three blocks away from my apartment, and BAM, A deer crosses my path. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY, a deer hops along the street. I'm just so glad there wasn't any oncoming traffic. But that, had to be the coolest thing I've ever seen. Sure I've seen deer before, but mostly in the country side back home. But here, in the middle of the city, wow. I must say, I was blessed to see it. And the deer was literally a few yards from me. I can see clearly the white spots on its back.

Alot of stuff happened yesterday. But I think I'll keep it to myself. Oh, except for the totally hot dude chatting with his girl-bud (they way there sitting and chatting, no way were they together) at Chapters. I saw him, he saw me. Out of shyness I looked away. I looked at him again (and if u seen him, you'd now why), and he looked at me again, a very small smile peeked out. I shyed out. I looked again. He looked again. And I walked out of Chapters without getting to know his name or getting a number. Why must I do this to myself. And I wonder why I'm single. pft

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so cute! If I were you, I'd be like, damn I'm sexy... Anyway, it's happened to all of us one time or another. It's just a matter of how you feel taking that risk. And there's not a whole lot of people who are like, gung-ho about doing that kind of shit. When you meet someone that you're meant to meet, trust me, sometime, at least one of you will be absolutely compelled to approach the other.