Monday, June 13, 2005

proud yet lonely

So, tis monday June 13th, 2005. No longer does Calgary celebrate Pride Week. Nope, that is all gone and done with. Instead, Calgary will now celebrate Pride MONTH. Yes, it is now official, pride for ones own sexual diversity has been extended to a month in this great cow town of Alberta.

So yesterday, I went to my first Pride Parade ever. And how was it, peh. Sure it was a site to see, and I'm sure its quite the event to attend when your with friends; however I don't have any. (and that just sounds too sad to post, I think I'll erase that ... nahhhh) What I mean is that since I moved here, I've had str8 roommates who go to str8 bars and I therefore haven't really met any gay people. I haven't really been scene-oriented around gay cult-cha. And therefore, when all these pride events started coming around, I had no one to go with. For the cool roommate moved out, and the other is a quiet homebody. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being a homebody, BUT, I'm a homebody too. I'm quiet myself; I have a tendency to live in my head. And with two people like that, sure we love our peace and quiet, but there are times when you just want to be loud. The inner party animal is just craving to bust loose. And that can't happen with the two of us.

Anyways, I'm looking to make some friends who I can hang out with, go to a club or a lounge with, go out to eat or to the movies with, and at the sametime who happens to be gay. And thats hard to do, when your a quiet introvert such as I. Plus, meeting good friends at the bar or the lounge is just asking for trouble anyways. My resources are really slim to zilch at the moment. I have no computer to meet anyone online (plus a few of those guys are just psycho). I have no money to buy equipment to play on a sports team. And I have no car (which really does help, I remember cause I used to have one).

And I realise that right now I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I know I have to do something, I just don't know what that something is. I'm always open for something new and meeting new people. But, as said before, I'm an introvert. I live in my head and I'm a listener. So if the other person isn't going to talk, then whats the point? If I ever met you, just talk. I won't judge. Trust me, I've seen a lot of shit in my life to know that judgement holds no purpose or value. Everyone has a story behind them and not everyone will be the same. ... ... ... ... and I'm ranting.

So, if you have friends to hang with, thank them. Appreciate them. Buy them a drink or a meal just to say thanks for being there.

No comments: