Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Day 5, Still Raining

So the morbid mentality of handling death has passed. As always it comes unexpectedly, and no matter how many times one says "they're okay", you just know they're going through something that they can't do alone. But no matter what you do or say, you can't help anyone who doesn't want your help. And sometimes, when you want to do so much, just by being there you are doing so much. Your letting people know that you love them and that no matter what happens, you'll be there. And I suppose thats enough.

I left to be with family last friday. It had just started to rain then. A few down pours that would last for a few minutes, then calmness; and then a slight drizzle, and calmness again, and so on and so forth. I had left that morning so I didn't think it was going to be bad. But it did rain the whole time I was on the Greyhound, but when I got home further north of Alberta, it was calm. Sure there were clouds in the cky, but it wasn't raining at the moment. Although it definately wanted to.

I was home for the entire weekend, spending time with family. And finally came back to Calgary late sunday night. It wasn't raining then either, it was a calm night; still cloudy, but calm. Well, its tuesday now, and its still raining. Apparently its been like this for 5 days. It sucks, cause now I don't want to go anywhere. I just want to stay in my apartment and hibernate. Which sucks, cause this was suppose to be my week to go to the gym, everyday. Go swimming everyday, walk 70 floors of stairs, everyday. Go hardcore, everyday. BUT NOOOOO!!!! Damn rain is diminishing my motivation (which was slim to begin with anyways) *sigh* I hope it stops soon.

And since topic today is about an abundance of water; a pipe started leaking in my walls. Throughout the whole damn building, all 23 floors of apartments, all rooms in the building .... BAM, theres a leak in MY room. So now I have to get the pipe fixed and get new drywall for the soaked wall. Ok ok ok, I'm not the one fixing this. Instead its the apartment management thats dealing with it. But the patience of waiting for something to get done thats out of my hand is just ... argh. And I STILL have water stuck in my carpet too. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR. WHY? Everywhere I live I end up dealing with a leak. WTF?!

*Sigh* I guess the weather is symbolic of what I'm feeling. I wonder, if I start to feel better, will the rain go away?

No comments: