Wednesday, November 23, 2005

And the Time has Come ...

I really need to get off my ass. I really really do. Months have gone by and I'm starting to feel like I'm at a standstill. Sure I was in college last year, but four years of school and only acheiving half way through a degree feels like a waste of time. Not to mention its a degree thats very broad and generic that I know FOR A FACT that having it doesn't guarantee you a job. And besides, when I was in school .. I was depressed too, for years, and my GPA clearly showes that; at the time I just didn't care (which probably explains the choosing of a very generic degree program).

But now, I actually miss school. I miss walking to classes and talking to classmates. I miss venturing into the library or surfing the net in search of data and compiling it all into logical, coherent, relevant arguments. I miss homework ... I ACTUALLY MISS HOMEWORK. I miss student discounts and dinners made up of Kraft Dinner (although I do still eat Kraft Dinner but its not because of being broke from being a student). I miss the running around and the scrambling and the piling of information and stress of mid-terms and final exams and essays.

But most of all, I miss the feeling of knowing your on your way to something. The feelings of knowing that in the end its all worth something and its the something you want. Its the something that will complete you when your finally done all the scrambling and stress and the living of a life thats soo low budget that cooking to boxes of KD is considered a luxury.

When I was in school, I felt that for a little bit. It wasn't long til it went away and I was depressed again and overall just stick in a rut. But since my last days of school when I decided I needed a break and needed something entirely new which thus resulted in my moving to Calgary, everything has been fine. The depression is gone and I'm happier these days. Maybe now I can actually focus on the future instead of dwelling on the present. One problem though: I don't know what I want to go to school for. For I want it all, I want to do it all. But at this point in time, I can only choose one.

So, in an effort to narrow it down (which is probably something I should have done a LONG time ago, but when you come from any fuggin small town, the only main course of action is to get the fug out of there by any means possible, which I did), here some pics to demonstrate what I like. Perhaps from there I'll know what I should be aiming for.

Movies.


Advertising


Photography


Law

and other small things like business ownership of a restaurant and clothing line (web based) and a small productions company for new media. As you can see .. I want to CONQUER THE WORLD! ... I just don't know where to start.

No comments: