Thursday, November 24, 2005

One Month or less

Well, nothing much to post today. Sun is shining and I can see the Rocky Mountains in the distance. They look rather nice with their snow covered peaks. Makes me wish I had the money to buy a snowboard or skates for outdoor skating (at least I have $$$ for skates though, just need to budget).

But of course, in order to get these things I will need one major necessity in order for me to start my winter fun ... and thats snow. I find it odd for myself, it being November 24th and all and yet I still walk in dry pavement wearing nothing but a thin denim jacket when I venture outside. In fact, a couple of days ago, I went out in nothing but a shirt (it was that warm out); and here I am, used to under zero degree weather at this time of year. I'm so used to feet of snow by November already laying on the ground. I'm used cold chills pressing against the windows as I turn up the thermostat. I'm used to the crunching sound snow makes when you step on it in your snow boots (or shoes as mine have been the past couple of years). I'm used to winter.

But no, this year the only indication that christmas is coming is the dreadfully cheery music that incessantly plays in the malls while I window shop; the in-your-face motif of red and green on clothes and packaging and decorations that lay all about no matter where you look; christmas lights of all colours poorly decorated on street houses or the balconey of apartments stories high. Christmas is coming, and no snow for winter fun.

But I suppose there is a bright side. No icy highways to result in cars in ditches or worse, pile ups. No frost bite simply because one wanted to go to the store. No "need" to buy winter gear cause it ain't cold yet. And now, the ultimate advantage to the fact that christmas is coming ... is that my Birthday is coming First.

Although, I still don't know if thats a good thing, for last year I spend my B-Day shopping for others and none of my friends could come to a dinner becuase they were broke or busy because of the christmas rush (my b-day is on December 20, five days BEFORE christmas). So how lucky am I again?

Oh well, if all this talk about winter and snow and christmas is making ya cold, here's some pics that should warm you right up.




No comments: