Friday, March 24, 2006

A rant .. aboot movies

Yesterday, I stayed home. WOO HOO! (caked with sarcasm) But it was good actually, just chillin with the tv on, cooking Kraft Dinner with meat and imitation mashed potatoes (not in school no more but I still live the student diet, gotta love it). It was nice, peaceful, relaxing. It felt good.

Until I decided to watch a movie. Well, actually a friend came over and decided to bring a movie with him. And being the nice guy that I am, I let him watch it. Besides, I already seen my thursday fave's anyways, Smallville (rerun), Supernatural (rerun), and Will & Grace (fresh: with a gorgeous cowboy to co-star *drool*). So why not watch a movie, I figured. Until he showed me which one. My heart sank as I realised Its going to be a boring couple of hours. But, I painted a smile on my face and did my best to pretend enthusiasm. Ever see an empty bag dancing in the wind. Upon looking at it its kind of fun to watch; a "most beautiful thing I've ever seen" moment [kudos to those who know what I'm referring to]. That is, until you realise its just an empty bag. I looks full, but in reality there's nothing in it. Well, I was the empty bag. But, he's never seen it and loves horror movies. Hence the facade.

I'm not particularly fond of The Ring Two. It was actually very bad if you ask me ... great stylized cinematography, but not enough story line to hold my attention. I think the director focused too much on the cinematography. As great as it was incorporating the foreground, middleground and background in one steady shot (as oriental directors tend to do), it rubbed off as long=winded for there wasn't a solid enough, compelling story in place. And so, sitting through hours of it ... very tiresome.

Honestly, good thing the roommate got home early. Neither of them watched it, so when I fell asleep on the couch, I didn't feel bad. Nor did I feel bad when I got up off hte couch, and moved to the bedroom (bed is alot comfier than the couch).

And you know, its almost as bad UltraViolet (very very very bad, poor poor Mila Jovovich).

WORST MOVIES EVER: (in no particular order)
1. The Ring Two
2. UltraViolet
3. Home Alone 3
4. .... meh, I'll finish the list later .. am in no mood to countdown the shitty list of movies (and there's a few)

No comments: