Wednesday, December 21, 2005

David Morgan - Great Photographer

David Morgan .. is a photogapher whose work I'm seen many a time without even realising it. And why I haven't realised it is that I find his work is rather ... pedestrian. Sorry guy, but really I do. And why do I call it pedestrian? Because everyone likes it. His work is posted over and over again on numerous sites/blogs. People continuous give him praise by posting their "recently discovered" pics on their own site. He falls under the tragic phenomenon where great work becomes mediocre work because every other artist attempts to "recreate" his style when in fact they're merely copying. But, I must give praise (yet again because I too at one point have posted an image of his without realising it).

Thanks to Salsa & Pimenta, I've found that the black and white pics of perfect abs and butts I've come to love and see over and over again, come from David Morgan. The most infinate butt pic (if you've ever seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about; its also posted on this post), one which I myself have posted on occasion, is in fact taken out of Morgan's Basic Training series. In fact, he has many series all of which follow the "Morgan Persona" (which I define as 'there's something we're not seeing, and crave to see'. But maybe, thats just me). Either way, Morgan is a true inspiration to all aspiring photographers out there. When you get a chance, check out his website at www.dmny.com You won't be disappointed.

Here are some photo's taken from his Figurative/Fine Art series.

1 comment:

said...

Also I found for perhaps photos and I am really fantastic. Votes of good Christmas.