Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Gift

So I spoke with the BF today, he was rather ... upset? No ... lets put it this way, he had hoped I would blog about the gift he gave me for my burfday, and I didn't. So .. I'm sorry babe. It is a nice gift, really nice since I barely have any. But at the same time it is what I was looking at one day. Its in the colour I love and I don't have to return it at all (not like I would though). He bought me a dress shirt and tie, both are blue (tie is a darker blue). Why is this significant? Well, I am now 24 yrs old, and I've never EVER owned a tie. In fact, dress shirts for the professional look I've never owned either ... well, I had two before my burfday, but I bought those just this year in fact. And I find this kind of odd because pervious jobs I've held were in the professional corporate world where it is mandatory to look professional. I don't know how I did it, but I managed. Anyways, point of the story is that I got a good shirt (that he won't let me wear, lol ... I have to wash it first apparently).

But the bf also said something else ... after I mentioned that I cabbed it home yesterday and didn't pay. (I've never done that before and I seen my opportunity so I took it ... stupid thing to do since he dropped me off near my apartment, I never said I was a brightest crayon in the tool shed). N E WAYS .. he mentioned that the posts regarding my burfday were somewhat depressing. I admit, they are downers ... I mean, my burfday wasn't exactly a significant event this year. But, I looked back as to why I was feeling down regarding my burfday and I've come to realise that I cannot remember a time in my life (as young as it is) when my birthday was spectacular. I've never really had fun on my birthday. And why were my posts downers regarding my birthday, well this year it seemed that for once my birthday was, for once, going to be a big deal. And not just for me but for friends as well. And then ... nothing happens. The bf gets sick (not his fault) the day of, no one shows up at the party, the roommate ditches me, the friend who wanted to organise the party ditched me after arriving late ... how is one suppose to handle it? The birthday was a huge let down this year.

But, I was with someone. That I'm really happy about. He loves me, he cares for me, and he wants me to be happy. Not to mention he's just damn right gorgeous. Last year I had no one around, and I still had to act like I was okay about it ... this year I have him, and I can just be me. So thats my gift; someone to truly be me, with.

And its a nice shirt.

No comments: