Friday, December 16, 2005

Remake

The Posiedon Adventure ... always a movie I'll remember. Did I watch it? No. But its a movie cover I distinctly remember and its a memory that will always remind me of home.

Back when I was 18 yrs old, I was manager of a video store, and this movie was just one of the many movies we had. N E Ways, it always seemed to be positioned on the top shelf of whatever given row. No matter how many times I arranged and rearranged the movie shelves, this movie always ended up on the top shelf within eye's view. It always sat there, and taunted me .. begging me to watch it. I never did.

And now, its taunting me again. The 1972 flick is being redone. Poseidon, staring Josh Lucas and Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss is set to be released May 12, 2006, and with todays CGI effects, it looks promising. I think I'll watch it this time.




Official movie site linked in headline .. click it

No comments: